Women have played an enormous role in ensuring that South Africa is a Democratic Country. One cannot forget the popular march of 1956 led by heroines Lillian Ngoyi, Helen Joseph, Raheeda Moosa, Sophie De Bruin and others, where we marched to Union Buildings to contest the pass laws. As a result our role was acknowledged by the democratic government, with August now known as women’s month.
Women Expo Joburg are events for women of all ages, giving them the opportunity to indulge in a fun and informative day out. The events brings together women from different backgrounds, business sectors, locations & nationalities. These are unique one of a kind experiences that moves women forward by providing them an opportunity to be informed, inspired, find mentors, meet role models, build new relationships and interact with women in business.
The Events aim to:
- Support the economic empowerment of Women.
- Encourage social cohesion and nation building through the participation of all women regardless of race, ethnicity or age.
- Make Women aware of opportunities that are available in the present day and ways of accessing them.
- Showcase and support Women owned businesses in South Africa.
- Showcase and honours women in the Arts d involving music, dance, visual arts, entertainment, craft and film.
- Provide a fun, interactive and inspirational environment for Women living in Joburg.